- ONLY 1 SCOOP PER DAY!
- ONE OF THE HIGHEST COUNT OF PROBIOTICS PER SCOOP: ~20 or more times bacteria than the average pet probiotic.
- OPTIMIZES DIGESTIVE HEALTH: Replenishes good bacteria in the digestive tract and provides an abundance and variety of bacteria to support a cat's digestive health especially during stressful situations like traveling, kenneling, training, and introducing new people or animals.
- MAKES SCOOPING THE POOP EASY TO "DOO": Helps with quality, quantity or consistency of stools where clinical signs of diarrhea or constipation are identifiable.
- 8 STRAIN FORMULATION DESIGNED SPECIFICALLY FOR CATS: Supported by published clinical evidence and species-speciﬁc research, Profauna pet probiotics contain the following strains of bacteria: Enterococcus thermophilus, Lactobacillus plantarum, Lactobacillus bulgaricus, Biﬁdobacteria animalis, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus brevis, Lactobacillus casei, Biﬁdobacterium biﬁdum.
- SAVES TIME AND MONEY: Easy-to-dispense tasteless powder (no pills or capsules to mess with)! That means no pill pockets needed and no hassle trying to force feed capsules or tablets to your furry friend.
- RESULTS IN 30 DAYS: In our pre-trial 94% of pets using Profauna had an improvement in the quality and quantity of their stools within 30 days.
- CONVENIENT AND EASY TO GIVE: Just add the powder to your pet’s wet or dry food. That's it!
- NO EXTRA JUNK: Only contains bacteria and maltodextrin. Does not contain gluten, casein, soy, sucrose, yeast, egg, copper, iron, artificial colors or flavors
- ACTIV-VIAL TECHNOLOGY: One-piece, easy-open flip-top for a moisture-tight and leak-proof sealing to ensure product safety and stability
- MADE IN THE USA
- NO SAFETY CONCERNS: Profauna 100 & Profauna 50 are manufactured in the USA in an FDA registered food facility under strict GMP guidelines. All ingredients are listed in the (AAFCO) official publication (OP) and present no safety concerns
Directions for use: 1 scoop daily for as long as needed. Profauna 50 probiotic powder may be added directly onto your cats’ food. The powder can also be mixed with cool water and added to food.
It may take 7-14 days to re-establish the gut of your cat, so do not expect changes until after a week or so.
Suggested daily dose
Scoops or Grams per day
1 scoop daily (1 g)
Dogs less than 20 pounds
1 scoop daily (1 g)
Directions: The dose should be given once daily, in the morning, or evening. Add it directly onto the pet’s food. Profauna 50 may also be added to water and mixed in the animal’s food.
Profauna 50 probiotic for cats does not contain gluten, casein, soy, sucrose, yeast, egg, copper, iron, artificial colors or flavors.
STORAGE: For best results, store at controlled room temperature (up to 77 °F). Profauna 100 & Profauna 50 can also be safely stored in the refrigerator if you prefer. Do not use if the product appears to be tampered with or if bottle seal is broken.
One of the most efficient and effective ways to help your pet maintain a healthy microbiome is with a high-count, multi-species probiotic that contains live bacteria, but NOT all probiotics are the same. In fact, probiotic supplements for dogs or cats come in different forms (capsule vs. powder), different strains, different prices, and have different amounts of bacteria. So how can you choose the best probiotic for your pet? Here are six tips to help you evaluate and choose the best probiotic for your dog or cat.
TIP 1: CHOOSE A PROBIOTIC THAT IS FORMULATED SPECIFICALLY FOR YOUR PET
Simply put, a probiotic made for your human microbiome will probably not work for your pet’s microbiome. In fact, most probiotics developed for humans aren't appropriate or as effective for dogs or cats. Profauna 100 for dogs and Profauna 50 for cats was specifically formulated as an alternative for consumers using human probiotics or canine/feline probiotics that have not been effective. Each of the 8 strains of bacteria in our products was reviewed for its ability to tolerate stomach acid, low pH and bile acids to make sure it travels all the way through the pet's GI tract and adheres to the intestinal wall. Make sure you are selecting a probiotic with ingredients backed by research and science for use specifically in your pet.
TIP 2: CHOOSE A PROBIOTIC WITH APPROVED INGREDIENTS
Probiotics formulated for dogs and cats are referred to as "direct-fed microbials" by the animal feed regulatory body AAFCO (Association of American Feed Control Officials), and they are live bacteria that help to develop and maintain a healthy environment in the pet’s stomach and digestive system. Research shows roughly one-third of probiotics for dogs contains ingredients that are not listed in the AAFCO Official Publication (OP). Profauna 100 and Profauna 50 only contain bacteria and maltodextrin -- no other junk or additives! All the ingredients in Profauna 100 and Profauna 50 are listed and generally considered safe by AAFCO. Be sure you’re giving your dog or cat a product that contains reputable ingredients that are safe.
TIP 3: CFU COUNT IS IMPORTANT
We often get feedback from pet parents that other probiotics they’ve tried, with lower CFU counts, did not properly support their pet’s digestive health needs. This comes as no surprise because your pet already has trillions and trillions of bacteria in their body that come in over 1000 different types. No one knows exactly how many of these bacteria are “good” and how many are “bad”, but with that many bacteria in your pet’s microbiome it’s important to have a high-count multi-strain army of good bacteria to help tilt the balance in favor of good bacteria. Good bacteria are not only essential for the health of your pet’s gut, but good bacteria, such as the kind found in probiotics, are just as important for your pet’s immune health, digestion, assimilation of nutrients, and overall wellness. Probiotics are typically measured in colony-forming units (CFU) which simply refers to the number of live and active micro-organisms capable of dividing and forming colonies. When choosing a probiotic for your dog or cat, you’ll notice product counts can range from 1 million all the way up to 100 billion CFU per serving. Probiotic bacteria should be able to tolerate stomach acid, low pH and bile acids to make sure it travels all the way through the pet's GI tract and adheres to the intestinal wall, so pick a probiotic that makes you confident that there are enough viable CFU’s in each scoop of powder to support maximum digestive health and immune function. Bottom line, it's important for your dog or cat to consume probiotics in sufficient higher amounts.
TIP 4: CHOOSE A PROBIOTIC WITH MULTI STRAINS
Research suggests that probiotics work better as a team. Multi-strain probiotics are more effective against a variety of health issues in contrast to single bacteria strains. It’s important to look for a product with the most effective multiple strains to work throughout your pet’s gastrointestinal tract. In order for a probiotic to be effective for your dog or cat, each bacteria strain bacteria should be supported by science and research.
Profauna 100 contains 8 strains of bacteria supported by published clinical evidence and species-specific research:
- Enterococcus thermophiles
- Lactobacillus plantarum
- Lactobacillus bulgaricus
- Bifidobacteria animalis
- Lactobacillus acidophilus
- Lactobacillus brevis
- Lactobacillus casei
- Bifidobacterium bifidum
The strains that cats tend to do best with are those of the Bifidobacterium and Enterococcus families. Bifidobacterium tends to live in the small intestine, whereas Enterococcus generally resides in the colon (large intestine). Lactobacillus plantarum is known for supporting urinary health in cats.
So each strain could have a different function when it comes to promoting health in cats or dogs.
TIP 5: DON’T JUST LOOK AT PRICE. LOOK AT THE COST PER BILLION CFU
When buying anything, what’s one of the first things we all tend to look at? Yep, the price! When evaluating a probiotic for your dog or cat you should take a deeper dive in your price comparison and actually calculate the price you’re paying per 1 billion CFUs, not just cost per dose or serving. You will also want to look at how many doses the brand is recommending per day, and if you’ll need additional items such as pill pockets to conceal the probiotics as this can add to the “price.” You may be surprised to discover you’re actually paying too much per dosage for your dog. Here’s a simple calculation to help you figure out the cost per billion CFU for your probiotic
- Price of product / # of tabs, capsules, or scoops available in the bottle = Cost per tab, cap, or scoop
- Cost per tab, cap, or scoop / # of billions of bacteria per bottle = Cost per billion
Profauna 100 is $39.99 / 30 powder scoops per bottle = $1.33 per scoop
$1.33 per scoop / 100 = $0.0133 cost per billion CFU
TIP 6: CHOOSE A POWDER PROBIOTIC
There are many benefits of choosing a powder probiotic over a capsule probiotic.
- Saves time and money: Easy-to-dispense tasteless powder (no pills or capsules to mess with)! That means no pill pockets needed and no hassle trying to force feed capsules or tablets to your furry friend.
- Convenient and easy to give: Just add the powder to your pet's wet or dry food. That's it!
- No taste. No odor: We’ve taken pride in creating a probiotic with essentially no flavor so your pet should not be able to detect it in the food. In fact, 8 out of 10 pet owners who participated in our free trial program said their pets could not detect Profauna 100 in their food.
- Considerate for all dogs and cats: Powder can be given to dogs and cats who cannot swallow capsules for physical reasons (throat or tongue abnormalities).
When you’re picking a probiotic for your dog or cat, go with your “gut”! Choose a probiotic that you feel will work best for your pet based on your pet’s needs and your research. You may also need to consult with your veterinarian and discuss your probiotic options to help with your decision. A good probiotic will replenish good bacteria in the digestive tract will provide an abundance and variety of bacteria to support a pet’s digestive health, immune health and overall wellness.
If have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.